Saturday, September 29, 2012

Englishness and Freshers Week

I just got back from an English brunch, with beans, toast, fried eggs, hashbrowns, marmalade, and a table full of people who always use their knives and forks. But now I'm blogging and being very English by drinking tea (I finally went to a grocery store yesterday, and tea was a must!).  I am also enjoying the very nice view from my window and the cool English air--I am actually adjusting quite well to the colder weather.

Tea and one of my free mugs from the Freshers Fair!

The view from my room before sunset


As it is now Saturday we are nearing the end of Freshers Week with only two events left--Love Your Hall (so tonight I'll be hanging out with all the people living in Lenton and Wortley) and the Finale Event tomorrow night. The past two nights were the Baywatch themed night and the Silent Disco. For those of you that don't know what a silent disco is, it is like any other club with lots of dancing and music, but the difference is the music comes from headphones that everyone wears, and there are two DJs competing for listeners--needless to say it was tons of fun!

Freshers Week Night # 4 Baywatch

My room filled with people before Baywatch
(at least 12 people)

Baywatch
Freshers Week Night # 5 The Silent Disco

The boys with their legwarmers



The Block 4 Boys with face paint and so ready for the Silent Disco

Some of the Block 4 boys (Sam, Elliot, Will, and Dan) 

Lucy and me at the Silent Disco



No comments:

Post a Comment