Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Updates: Birthdays and Turkey-less Friend-ful Thanksgivings

Before I tell you all about my trip to London, I must update you on all the happenings around Nottingham...



All the members of Blocks 4, 5 and our favorites from 12 came together to celebrate Will's Birthday (he is finally 20, which means I can no longer give him a hard time for being a year younger than me). We went out on a Friday night, at midnight Will turned 20! And then the next Saturday a few of us went to watch a rugby game with Will--he taught me all about the brutal sport. Saturday night meant present time and going out to dinner!

Emilia and me!
All the girls (minus me, I'm taking the picture)
Ellie and Liv
The girls
Heading into Ocean! 
The girls dancing! 
Sarah, Elliott, Matt, Will, and Will's friend! 
Will and Matt
Happy Birthday Will!
Will's Happy Birthday hug from Ellie!
The boys dancing, look at those moves!
Love for Liv!
Lisa, Charlotte, and Kaitlin -- Charlotte and Kaitlin being
so ridiculous! 
Look who I ran into...Charlotte! 
All hugging Will when he turned 20 at midnight! 
I ran into Anca on my night out (a good friend
from International Week!)
A Dan Sandwich! (Dan, Will, and Dan)
Elliott, Matt, and Will
Will's presents from us! A lovely card and his "Shin guard" fund!
Who wouldn't want a dinosaur onesie on their
20th Birthday?

Will's Birthday cupcakes from his parents


And then there was Thanksgiving. It was quite strange going to class knowing that everybody I know in America was spending time with family, watching parades and football, and of course eating so much good food! So after class and doing some work on my essays, I went out to eat. Nineteen people from different blocks all joined the "American" (that would be me) for their first Thanksgiving dinner. We went to the Rose and Crown Pub, and all ate many good things, but nobody had turkey.

One of the things I am thankful for:
Melly, the sweetest dog in the world
(thanks for the picture Sarah!)
Did I mention it rained all of last week, I went through at least
3 pairs of socks each day, my feet were so wet!
Happy Thanksgiving form the Library
Thanksgiving Menu!
Holly, Hannah, and Kathryn
The boys side of the table
Ella, Char, and Holly all so excited for their first Thanksgiving! 
Kiyan with his yummy meal and
Harry looking so envious
Ella eating her "Beefburger" with a knife and fork,
not American at all!
Fish (with lots of tarter sauce) and chips -- I couldn't have an
American Thanksgiving so I channelled y English roots 

After our dinner we went to Forum for a fun night out, so needless to say I celebrated Thanksgiving a little differently this year.

Just a little rest before their night out 
Ella and Char
Elliott, Matt, and Dan dancing...I think 
Before heading out: Dan, Ella, me, Char, Elliott, and Matt
Holly!
Matt and Liv!
Singing and dancing! 
All of us at Forum!
Elliott, me, and Matt
Sam and his signature dance 
Ella and Char...such love!
Liv and Char!
The boys! 
After Forum the boys were up for a late night snack 
And that was my Thanksgiving!


Just for your entertainment...one more onesie picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment