Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crimes of the Seven Legged


Needless to say Monday was a very good night...but it all started with MonDAY. I always love my Mondays because I don't have class, so this Monday, Charlotte, Kaitlin, and I took a trip into town to plan a weekend in Paris and drink tea. After town was dinner and after dinner the girls in my block and I immediately started getting ready for the Seven Legged. For the girls of Block 4, getting ready meant putting on our prisoner costumes ("fancy dress" according to the British). And for those of you who don't quite understand the concept of the 7 Legged, it is a bar crawl that is completed with teams of 7 or more people--we had 8. Generally six of the seven people tie their legs together and go from bar to bar--making 7 legs and then there is one person who is a runner, meaning the drink-go-getter. I started as the runner, but then we progressed to being a 9 legged team, with all of us connected by our shoe laces. It was quite an experience, but the 9 legs didn't last too long, because, needless to say, it is a bit of a challenge.

Me, Sarah, and Ella in the taxi on the way to the bars

Our first attempt at tying everyone together -- we used duck tape
but it turns out it ripped and ran out very easily, so the next idea
was using our shoelaces
The "7 Legged" Team - Emilia, Holly, Ellie, Liv, Sarah, Ella, Lucy,
and me (in the front) 
All tied together
And then we tried to untie all of the shoelaces...
Look who I found! Charlotte and I were so excited to
finally run into each other
Bar crawling
We finally got to our final destination - Gatecrasher 

Then there was the trip to McDonald's
It had been quite a long night... but it was so much fun

Tuesday was a laid back day (after a late night). I spent my day going to classes and working on an essay, my plan is to have it finished by the end of the week, but we'll see how well my will-power holds up.

Wednesday has been quite a dreary day so far, but since I've just finished lunch and yet another blog post it is now time to give in and do some work. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment