Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Formal Dinners and Fancy Rides

The things I love about Nottingham...
1. Crazy weeknights
2. Weekends that are spent watching movies, going into town, and hanging out at the Goose Fair
3. All my new mates
4. The Lenton and Wortley family of blocks 4, 5 & some stragglers (and by stragglers I mean other very fun people)
5. Not being made fun of for properly using my knife and fork

Freshers Flu is slowly fading, the coughing heard through the corridors has diminished, and it is a beautiful day outside!

This past week....

Tuesday meant the first day of classes, Flair Society, and then Wine and Cheese night (also the night of Elliott's Birthday) with the Block 4 and 5 tutor.Wednesday and Thursday flew by with more classes, and Thursday night ended with the Lenton and Wortley formal dinner and a night in town.

Before Wine and Cheese Night
(our Happy Birthday Elliott picture)
Block 4 looking fancy for the Formal Dinner
The girls (Sarah, Lucy, Olivia, Emilia, Ella, Holly, me and Ellie)
Picture taking at the Formal Dinner

Block 4 Boys

Getting ready to go out (me, Emilia, and Ellie)
The boys get ready by serenading each other...
Hannah, Olivia, and Ellie at the Market Bar
Will and Dan dancing
I finally felt like school had started on Friday, because I had work and more than 3 hours of classes. With the end of classes and the start of the weekend Friday night turned into a Block 4 movie night, everyone stayed in ordered pizza (which is a lot smaller than American pizza) and watched movies. The girls started by watching A Knight's Tale--which was perfect because we all love Heath Ledger. Afterwards I joined the boys and a few of the girls to watch a English made movie.

Saturday started with a quick trip into town at 10:00 am with Sam and Olivia, next came a lovely English brunch. It was following by a relaxing day and a trip to the Nottingham Goose Fair.

The Nottingham Goose Fair
(http://poetreecreations.wordpress.com/category/nottingham-goose-fair/page/2/)

Olivia, me, Lucy, and Emilia at the Goose Fair
Evidently the English have changed the name of cotton candy
to something that makes a lot less sense--candy floss

The boys and I were up for the more intense rides
(Matt, Elliott, Will, me, and Dan)
This was the Booster and it was very fun!

My favorite fair ride are always the swings!

Will was the only one who would ride the swings with me, it
was a little too tame for everyone else

We caught back up with our other friends from Block 4, we found them on
the little swings
Sunday was the ultimate lazy day for my hall, we worked on homework, some of us went to the gym or on a run, but we spent most of the day inside in our rooms just hanging out (and evidently "hanging out" is a very American thing to say).

My Monday was spent doing laundry which was followed by a very English trip into town with Charlotte and Kaitlin to have tea and scones!! 

A very excited Charlotte!

Me with my proper English breakfast tea
(the lady behind me doesn't really help with the feel of the restaurant)

Yum! Black Currant Jam (I took one home)


Proper scones (be jealous!)

We were so full, but the yummy scones
could not be wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment